Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Product Review: Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation Primer

I really love Laura Mercier products so it disappointed me when I tried this primer and did not get the results I expected. 


I have oily skin with some fine lines under my eyes and around my mouth (laugh lines) - They aren't drastic, but when I wear foundation, they are made very noticeable. I really need a primer that controls shine throughout the day, and prevents makeup from sitting in my lines. 


Unfortunately, this primer did not live up to my standards. I believe that the product is too watery, and is more of a moisturizer than anything else. The texture is great, and it's not too greasy, but it had me very oily soon after my makeup was applied. Also, my makeup sat in my lines more so than if I don't wear a primer at all.  


Pros: Moisturizing, feels great, did help my foundation stay in tact all day long
Cons: Doesn't control oil, Doesn't fill wrinkles and pores


Nicole's Rating: 3 out of 5 stars


If you'd like to try this product for yourself, you can get it here for $30.


I'll keep you updated on new primers that I try!

0 comments:

Post a Comment